Big Dick’s is a classic English-style Olde Ale. Sweet and full-bodied malt flavors are complemented by a fragrant but mild hop bitterness. Sweet, bready malt aromas combine with rich flavors of dark fruit, brown sugar, caramel, and sweet nuts. Truly a beer for the ages, Big Dick’s Olde Ale matures gracefully in the cellar as fruity, estery flavors and mineral notes emerge while the hop bitterness gradually subsides. Delightful on its own or as a digestif with a hand-rolled cigar, Big Dick’s is a delicious pairing for hearty good and cigars alike
Archive for February, 2016
1) Don’t bother with anything less than 5 per cent abv, unless it’s (a) bottle-conditioned (b) preferably dark, and (c) only for a few months.
2) For a beer between 5 per cent and 7.5 per cent abv, don’t bother keeping it longer than 24 months, it’s likely to start deteriorating after than, if not before.
3) For a bottle-conditioned beer more than 7.5 but less than 10 per cent abv, several months may be needed before it is drinkable at all, and it should last in drinkable condition between five and 10 years. However, beware of the “waves” of drinkability, and if you find one bottle less drinkable than the last one you opened, you may find that if you wait a few months before opening the next, the beer comes back on form again.
4) For a beer more than 10 per cent abv, it may not be drinkable at all for at least a year, and it could be two years old before getting into any stride, but it is very likely to remain extremely satisfying for 10 years or more.
5) All the above depends on storing the bottles (a) upright (b) out of the light (c) at a constant temperature, or at least one that does not vary rapidly, and never higher than room temperature at worst (so yes to a wardrobe; no to alongside the boiler).
6) The bigger the bottle the better. (22oz is Just right for Most)
Here is a List of the Current Brewery’s We Stock
Our Products Page Will Be Updated aswell Stay tuned.
If You Would Like For Casa Del Vino to Carry a Certain Product Or Brand Please Contact Us
Or Simply Send Us a Message.
Arbor Brewing Company Pub and Eatery – Ann Arbor
Arcadia – Battle Creek
Atwater Block Brewing – Detroit
Bell’s Brewery – Kalamazoo
Brewery Vivant – Grand Rapids
Cheboygan Brewing Company – Cheboygan
Cranker’s Brewery – Big Rapids
Dark Horse Brewing CompanyCranker’s Brewery – Marshall
Dragonmead Microbrewery – Warren
Founders Brewing Company – Grand Rapids
Frankenmuth Brewery – Frankenmuth
Greenbush Brewing Company – Sawyer
Griffin Claw Brewing Company – Birmingham
Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales – Dexter
Keweenaw Brewing Company – Houghton
Liberty Street Brewing Company – Plymouth
Mount Pleasant Brewing Co – Mount Pleasant
New Holland Brewing Company – Holland
North Peak Brewing Company – Traverse City
Odd Side Ales – Grand Haven
Perrin Brewing Company- Alpine Township
Petoskey Brewing – Petoskey
Right Brain Brewery – Traverse City
Rochester Mills Beer Company – Rochester
Round Barn Brewery – Baroda
Royal Oak Brewery -Royal Oak
Saugatuck Brewing Company – Douglas
Schmohz Brewing Company – Grand Rapids
Short’s Brewing Company – Bellaire
Tapistry Brewing – Bridgman
Wolverine State Brewing Co. – Ann Arbor